What is the BBMRI-ERIC Directory?
The Directory is a tool to share aggregate information about the biobanks that are willing external collaboration. It is based on the MIABIS 2.0 standard, which describes the samples and data in the biobanks at an aggregated level.
Who is it for?
- Do you want to increase your biobank visibility? BBMRI-ERIC Directory is where to publish information about yourself and your biobank.
- Do you want to share experiences with fellow biobankers? BBMRI-ERIC Directory is where you find contact information.
- Are you looking for samples or related data? BBMRI-ERIC Directory will help to you to spot relevant biobanks and get their contact information.
- Are you looking for an infrastructure to store samples for your research? BBMRI-ERIC Directory will help you to indentify such facilities and get their contact information.
- Patients, donors, and their organizations:
- Are you interested in knowing which biobanks store specific samples or in obtaining general information about certain biobanks? You can browse and search for them in the BBMRI-ERIC Directory.
What it is NOT?
- Full infrastructure for sample query processing (this will be available later as a part of the BBMRI-ERIC infrastructure)
How to get included
BBMRI-ERIC operates on the basis of a federated model, composing of National Nodes. Therefore if you wish to register your biobank in the Directory, please contact your National Node. You will then be advised with regards to next steps, following which your biobank and relevant data will be integrated into the BBMRI-ERIC Directory.
Should you require assistance with getting in touch with your respective National Node or have any further questions about the Directory, please do not hesitate to contact us our Helpdesk. We will do our best to address any questions you may have.